Megan is a young learner who followed her passion and published a children’s book titled Finding Tiger. The book targets the problems of implicit bias and stereotyping. Megan is very interested in creating innovative solutions to problems and entrepreneurship! Megan also started the entrepreneurship club at her school.
Zack is Director at Dual School, a supplement to the existing education system. The school delivers an elite learning opportunity to students from public, private and charter schools in New Castle County, DE. A graduate of Horn Entrepreneurship at University of Delaware, Zack is the author of The World Changer’s Handbook: A Young Person’s Guide to Creating an Impactful Life. He’s passionate about helping young people activate their potential by taking action on their ideas.
This is what we talked about:
- Tell us about the Dual School model and the kinds of opportunities it offers young people.
- Megan…teell us how you got connected to Dual School and how your work there ended up in your first published book, Finding Tiger.
- Tell us about the process of writing and designing the book. How did you go about choosing the subject and designing the process. What were the best high point moments and what were some of the challenges that you had to overcome?
- Zack….What are some other projects happening at Dual School? How are they impacting the community?
- Megan and Zack….what advice would you give to school leaders working to shift the school experience toward learner-centered?
- Before we invite you to share what is next for you, let’s hear your answers to our lightning response questions:
- Who is one expert our listener’s should connect with to learn more about co-designing more real world, entrepreneurial opportunities for learners in school?
- If you were recommending one book to our listeners, what would it be?
- What online site/resource/person do you learn from regularly?
- What’s next for each of you? What are you working on that you’d like to share?